Looking Back already?
Sunday the 7th... currently I'm scheduled to be leaving in about 2 weeks, on August 24th. Haven't been feeling great this weekend. Last night I ate at the restaurant on the top of Victoria's Peak after a busy day shooting the opening number for the Golden Mickeys show, and I must have had an allergic reaction to something since my lips and face are a bit blown up right now. So today I'm taking it easy and looking back at the past couple of months here in the HK...
Smart bars, dingy clubs, gweilo hang-outs, and canton eateries. If there's one thing that has made this experience it's the people. From meeting Ifat, Jonathan, and the Abyss crew, who have always welcomed me to dinner to my neighbor James who possesses the unique and stunning capability to make me shut up and listen - and does so with endearing pizzazz while wandering into places I never would have thought to go, and of course the Disney crew (when they stop talking about work already!) who are brilliant and dedicated- paradise is not where you are but who you're with.
Things still left to do on my list for while I'm in HK: Karaoke, High Tea, Chinese Theatre (seems to be almost non-existant), Hike on Lamma island, go on a junk boat tour, check out the August HK Food Festival and International Arts Carnival.... everything else I've made my way to at some point or another.
I've hardly had anytime outside of commuting to work or sleeping to myself, which is as I like it. The short "The Basement" is pending completion and I'm getting the press kits ready for festivals. "Some Assembly Required" is still trying to find legs as an off-the-cuff documentary. I have had time to sketch out some new scripts, which I hope to develop more fully once this project is over.
I should know on August 16th as to whether my stay will be extended out or not, so I'll keep you all in touch. In the meantime, I'll be doing some serious crunch time at work since the park has its Soft Open on August 16th. Soon I will upload some pictures from work this weekend - shooting the Golden Mickeys opening number video with Jeff Klein.
much love,
~Stephanie
Smart bars, dingy clubs, gweilo hang-outs, and canton eateries. If there's one thing that has made this experience it's the people. From meeting Ifat, Jonathan, and the Abyss crew, who have always welcomed me to dinner to my neighbor James who possesses the unique and stunning capability to make me shut up and listen - and does so with endearing pizzazz while wandering into places I never would have thought to go, and of course the Disney crew (when they stop talking about work already!) who are brilliant and dedicated- paradise is not where you are but who you're with.
Things still left to do on my list for while I'm in HK: Karaoke, High Tea, Chinese Theatre (seems to be almost non-existant), Hike on Lamma island, go on a junk boat tour, check out the August HK Food Festival and International Arts Carnival.... everything else I've made my way to at some point or another.
I've hardly had anytime outside of commuting to work or sleeping to myself, which is as I like it. The short "The Basement" is pending completion and I'm getting the press kits ready for festivals. "Some Assembly Required" is still trying to find legs as an off-the-cuff documentary. I have had time to sketch out some new scripts, which I hope to develop more fully once this project is over.
I should know on August 16th as to whether my stay will be extended out or not, so I'll keep you all in touch. In the meantime, I'll be doing some serious crunch time at work since the park has its Soft Open on August 16th. Soon I will upload some pictures from work this weekend - shooting the Golden Mickeys opening number video with Jeff Klein.
much love,
~Stephanie

1 Comments:
Doing much better today (Wednesday) - was a very strange couple of days, though. Someone asked if I'd gotten Botox! Please.
Mom, I love how you think - you're absolutely right about liking oneself. And yet, it's often one of the hardest things for anyone to do.
Too much work to do to think about my birthday just yet. But after spending last year alone in L.A. and the year before broken and in bed, I'm swinging for a third strike in Hong Kong (James will be in France, Ifat and Steven in Germany, and Disney will be cranking through Soft Open so I'll be at work)
Post a Comment
<< Home