Saturday, July 09, 2005

This Week in Entertainment...

Lots of things going on at work these days. I try not to go into the site office on the weekends if I can help it, so I’ve brought some work home to take care of today. I’ve done a pretty good job of leaving work at work and having some pleasant evenings this week, however:

~ Dinner at Arirang (http://www.arirang.com.hk/restau.php) with Ifat and her family. Widely known as the absolute best Korean BBQ in Hong Kong, this was some seriously sumptuous food that I had never tried before… I will have to find a similar restaurant when I get back to L.A!

~ Checked out the Kee Club with my neighbor James. Billed as “the most prestigious private members’ club in Hong Kong”… Interesting ... I’ll have more on this later.

~ Went back to the tailor for my first fitting. The choice of color and cut of the suit and pants are going to be rockin'. Monday I return for my second fitting.

~ Went in for a massage at the Pure Fitness Spa. (http://www.pure-fit.com/) The hard beds here are doing a number to my back, so this hour after work was heaven. Especially since I had haggled in a couple of free spa treatments with my membership. This gym at Pure Fitness is not your average gym. Each cardio machine has its own tv with headphones and there is a collection of DVDs that you can rent while you’re working out - so you can watch an episode of “The Sopranos” or catch up on your BBC while on the machines. Add the boxing classes, spa facilities, weight circuit, and lounges… and you get Pure Fitness.

~ After my massage, I went out on to the rooftop restaurant of Pure Fitness called RED and had a glass of wine. Looking out over the harbor, watching the boats pass by as the breeze comes off the water was the perfect Friday after-work chill (http://www.pure-red.com/gallery/gallery_red.html)

~ Learned how to play the card game Golf with the Abyss crew after dinner in Wan Chai at the tucked-away local Cantonese restaurant we ate at a couple of weeks ago… and if I can go back to a local restaurant twice then either I am starting to get used to the food here or the food really is pretty damn good.

I feel like I'm making the most of my free time in the HK... because there's always work to go back to in the morning. See work gear below...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home