And behind Door #2...
My neighbor James never seems to recognize me when we run into each other on the street or at the gym. So I knocked on his door the other day to invite him out along on my adventures. Ultimately, I've ended up being taken on some of his escapades as well. James moved from the UK a couple of months ago, and he has embraced the HK social scene with amazing ferocity. A swank and energetic guy - James is London to the core. Fast talking, always moving, excellent discussions with full command of language and entendres. After he reluctantly came down to Abyss one night, I've gone and checked out some of his scenes around town... mostly high-scale ex-pat style: Boca - the Spanish restaurant down the street from our building that I hadn't seen yet, Aqua - the posh bar with a top-floor view of HK, some British pub where I learned the rules of rugby and cheered on a brutal game, and one other much more low key restaurant with another spectacular view of the harbor. James is a ton of fun even if his accent does have me saying "what?" every five minutes. The trade off is that I get to use words like "bollocks" and "mate" in every sentence. Brilliant.

1 Comments:
LoL! I'll try to capture some phrases for you from the Brits - they are ruthless in their use of the English language.
Miss you guys and the volleyball games a ton - tell everyone 'hi!' for me. If there's still a game on when I get back I'll be there.
Cheers!
Post a Comment
<< Home