Switching Gears
It probably was for the best that I didn't head up to mainland China this week as I was planning to. I've heard amazing things about Beijing and Shanghai and especially Mongolia, but I've been on and off planes, in and out of airports, unpacking and repacking so many times these past few weeks that I don't mind picking up a book and going to read in a cafe around the corner for a few hours... a luxury I know I won't soon have. Currently reading: "The Fabric of Reality" by David Deutsch (but I'll be taking "The Hedonism Handbook" to lunch with me!)
Speaking of unpacking and repacking, my bags are starting to get packed for the long journey home, so if y'all think of anything (small) you want me to bring back lemme know soon so I can get it for you!
My brain however has definitely switched over to State-side happenings. Setting up for working days and industry evenings - as well as hopefully catching up with people I haven't seen in four months... Los Angeles is a forgetful town, though - and if you aren't in LA with something to offer, then the industry tends to move on. What have you done for me lately? I knew that when I left, but I hadn't anticipated that coming out here would make such a difference in my perspective on what that means.
Speaking of unpacking and repacking, my bags are starting to get packed for the long journey home, so if y'all think of anything (small) you want me to bring back lemme know soon so I can get it for you!
My brain however has definitely switched over to State-side happenings. Setting up for working days and industry evenings - as well as hopefully catching up with people I haven't seen in four months... Los Angeles is a forgetful town, though - and if you aren't in LA with something to offer, then the industry tends to move on. What have you done for me lately? I knew that when I left, but I hadn't anticipated that coming out here would make such a difference in my perspective on what that means.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home