Sunday, August 14, 2005

Things I won't miss...

A sad little attempt here at initiating the 'sour-grapes' syndrome... "I didn't want to stay anyways!"

  • A/C Bomb Squad: Everyone has their air-conditioning on full-blast 24/7 to combat the fierce temperatures and 99% humidity. The air-con is supplied by units that sit outside of windows in apartment buildings that rise up twenty stories or more. So as you walk along the sidewalks of Hong Kong you'll occassionally get assaulted by water bombs that drip off the a/c units. Just minding your own business and BLAM - your shoulder, your eye, your head become war zones. The only way to combat this is to start watching for failed Bomb Squad attempts... there are puddles of water on the sidewalks that reveal the position of an enemy air-conditioning unit.
  • Size 6 stairs: Most stairs, especially the older ones, are made for people with very small feet. So as I walk along with my 10-ers, the heels inevitably get caught on the edge of the stairs. And these stairs are perfectly constructed so as to create a little lever system with your heel so that you have to step back in order to un-hook your shoe. I'm just waiting for the day I rip off one of my heels...
  • Wet Market : So I get that the Chinese like to see their food killed so they know it's fresh. That logic makes sense. However, when you walk through what's known as the Wet Markets, where they slaughter the animals for customers, the air is filled with the most nauseating, revolting stinch you can imagine. It's like these chickens and fish have been living in waste. And I don't get how that translates into fresh food.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yummyteece said...

and on the good side of coming home:

i'm currently sitting here devouring a Chicken strip combo with mashed potatoes on the side. From KFC, of course..

yum!!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey now, no fair trying to make me jealous when I have already shown how Classy the HK KFCs are!! We all know that their three-breasted steriod-enhanced winged beasts beat wimpy wet market chicklets any day.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Yummyteece said...

Simultaneous thoughts of
EWwwwwwwwwwww

and

LOL!!

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home