Sunday, June 12, 2005

Lost in Transition

Sunday
10:30am - Arrive at LAX
12:00pm - Board the United flight to Narita
2:00pm - Deboard the plane for maintanence issues
2:20pm - Reboard the plane
2:30pm - Circle the runway a couple of times

Monday
?:??pm - No clue what time it is, but I make it to my connecting plane in Narita with 5 minutes to spare on what should have been a 2 1/2 hour layover. (pic below)
9:30pm - Arrive at HKG early... immigration only confirms that I am indeed who my passport says I am and I get my first stamp in my passport book. The car is waiting for me, and so is Michael who's going to help me get around my first night in HK. Excellent!
11:00 - Arrive at the Excelsior hotel to drop off bags (pics below)http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/517000001.asp
11:30 - I'm starving so we've made our way to get some food, but it's a Monday night so the streets are quiet and the kitchens are closing early. I learn the MTR train stations along the way.

Tuesday
1:30am - Try to sleep
5:30am - Wide awake
6:00am - Try to sleep
6:30am - Wide awake
6:35am - Try to sleep
8:30am - Fuck it. Get up and go to work...
3:00pm - You are getting veeeery sleeeepy....
5:00pm - I'm exhausted so I get on the bus
5:10pm - Realize that this bus is not going back to my MTR station, but out to the Gold Coast Hotel, which is in the complete wrong direction... fatigue NSEWs. (pics below)
6:30pm - Go ahead and eat.
8:00pm - Take a shuttle to the train to the hotel
9:00pm - I'm back at the hotel. Sip a little wine in the 1st Floor restaurant (yes, it's actually called '1st Floor')...
10:00pm - Sleep

24 hours in Hong Kong and I've slept all of maybe 5 hours... some things never change.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

LOL. Totally... wait til you see what this past weekend was all about. Hangin' with the gweilos!

I'm really itching to check out some more local (read: less tourists!) places. Something to make it feel more like home, you know?

8:10 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

So the whole NSEW idea came up during the looong ride back to my hotel after I'd gotten on the wrong bus... I was thinking to myself "north-south-east-west, I'm never gonna learn" and then I realized it was actually a word when shortened... originally it was going to be called "The Shortest Distance"... ah the places your mind goes when you've got no where to be. POST PICS!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home